Platform Scheme - T64327
A client required a two loading bay solution for an existing sheltered area.
We provided a platform scheme which consisted of four custom platforms, five gas spring assisted barriers and one ladder with a lift up barrier. This is to allow a pallet truck to collect pallets from a docked lorry and pass the pallet on to a forklift truck at the other side. The scheme also included two manual dock levellers meaning the platform system needed no power.
The system consisted of:
- 4 Non-standard platforms that gave an overall size of 8000mm x 4000mm
- 5 Gas spring assisted barriers to allow for access from all sides
- 4 Dock bumpers with steel fronts
- Standard ladder with anti-slip tape and a barrier
- An antislip grit finish to allow safe use when wet
- 2 Dockplates rated at 2720Kg
Scheme rated at 6,000 Kg for the platforms only.
Although other platforms are simply bolted to the concrete floor this client requested to cast the platform into the floor.
The picture above shows the platform legs inside the pre constructed holes. This also shows the I beam legs that are not standard but the client requested them due to the casting.
The drawing above shows a detailed view of the ground slope and the foundation for securing the platform.
The picture above shows the back side of the platform with d-section bumper that allows a forklift truck to connect with the platform without damaging the steel structure.