Standard Wheel Chocks
- Wheel chocks are a low cost effective way of preventing the unexpected movement of vehicles whilst either parked or being loaded and unloaded.
- Thorworld offers four Vehicle Wheel Chocks:
- TWC-1 Moulded chock
- TWC-3 Cast Aluminium chock
- TWC-4 Low Cost smaller moulded chock
- TWC-10 Steel Chock
- All moulded chocks have a safety grip face for maximum adhesion between vehicle wheel and chock.
- Moulded units have built-in lifting handles.
- An optional anti-theft retaining chain (TWC-2) is available for TWC-1, TWC-3,TWC-4 and TWC-10.
- We also offer two types of Aircraft Wheel Chocks for use at Airports and landing strips (TWC-6 & TWC-9)
Wheel Chock with Built in Movement Switch (TWC-5)
- This product is a TWC-3 Wheel Chock with a switch incorporated which can be connected to Traffic Lights, Dock Levellers, Dockloadas, Doors and many more, to identify when a vehicle is in position.
- This Wheel Chock houses a sensor, which has the ability to transmit an electrical signal via a built-in switch and a flexible cable, through a junction box to equipment, either to isolate, park or make safe a Dock Leveller or similar equipment. This unit can be used in conjunction with Thor Traffic Lights, (Click for details).
- The chock is manufactured from aluminium, has a coiled cable extendable to 8 metres and includes a 5m length of retaining chain for security and to prevent damage to cable connections.
- Thorworld engineers recommend that a 24 volt isolated and fused circuit be incorporated into the equipment being safeguarded, and advise that it should be used for signal purposes only.
|Model||Details||Description||W x L x H mm||Weight KG|
|TWC-5||Wheel chock with switch||400 x 180 x 180||5|
Wheel chock with handle
- Both our TWC-3, Aluminium Wheel Chock, and our TWC-10, Steel Wheel Chocks can be sold with an incorporated aluminium box section handle.
- The handle allows operatives to position chocks from a standing position (reducing manual handling effort), whilst also providing a clear visual marker to operatives and drivers that the chock is in place.
- Specify Left Hand / Right Hand requirements when ordering (Left Hand shown in pictures).
|TWC-3-HANDLE2||TWC-3 (Cast Aluminium)|