- For fast and efficient loading and unloading of containers/trailers by fork truck particularly when no loading bay is available.
- At Thorworld we pride ourselves in supplying you with the ramp which is most suitable for your application ie. whether it is being used occasionally or continuously over multi-shift operations.
- Our full range is detailed below, with a range of our accessories shown HERE.
- Or HERE to view a simplified comparison chart of all ramps.
- Available to rent, for short, medium or long-term hire, and to buy on a sale or return basis.
- Thorworld Yardramps are renowned for their quality and strength, and for the availability of specialist engineers.
- All our ramps have been independently tested, meet the latest European standards and directives, and carry the CE mark.
- All our yardramps are designed, tested and approved using four wheeled fork trucks. If three wheeled trucks are to be used this puts extra point loading onto flooring and as a result additional flooring supports will be required to prevent damage. Please contact us for further information.
- Thorworld’s maintenance service is available for all ramps.
- All our ramps are manufactured at our factory in Derbyshire, England, allowing us to supply bespoke designs if required.
Selecting The Right Ramp
Operationally there are two distinct styles of ramps to suit your preferred method of entry and towing:
- Integrated entry type: Constant slope along full incline section of ramp. Movement by standard FLT fork secured into towing hitch.
- Folding entry type: Entry ramps fold up to allow towing behind a FLT via external towing pocket. Fixed entry angle to ramp, regardless of ramp height before transition onto main incline section.
Our ramps are also categorised by usage:
- Standard: Ideal for the majority of situations where ramps are used. These represent our most economic range of ramps for standard use.
- Deluxe: The Deluxe ramps are our most popular mobile yard ramps; designed for situations where heavier usage will be encountered; e.g. continual use in a one-shift operation.
- Super Deluxe: Required for heavy-duty, continual multi-shift usage or 24/7 operation. These are our most robust and durable products, and are required for the harsh conditions typically seen in the recycling industry and similar environments.
All models include:
- Hydraulic operation through the use of a double acting manual handpump (electrical pump upgrade available for most ramps) (see fig.1).
- Serrated open grid deck for positive traction in all weather conditions (see fig.2).
- A full width, 300mm deep exit lip for location into vehicle, and 300mm high side rails (see fig.3)
- 1.8 m of safety chain on each side for securing ramp to container or trailer (see fig.4).
Please see our video for yardramp operation:
Please see the Yardramp Accessories section of our website for information on some accessories available for use with our mobile container loading ramps, including wheel chocks, handrails and alternative towing options.
- RentARamp® and Ramp Rentals® are trade names of Thorworld Industries and we offer various models of our yardramps for hire/rental.
- Periods of hire range from one month to five years.
- If the ramps are purchased whilst on hire then a standard allowance is offered against the purchase price of the ramp.
Additional Rental Benefits:
Replace with New after 3 years: If a ramp is hired from us on a minimum of a 3 year contract, after 3 years you will have the option to replace the existing ramp free of charge with a new ramp. This option is only available if a further 3 years contract time is agreed.
Purchase of Ramps on Hire:
If a ramp is rented and a decision to buy is made then a credit against rental payments will be allowed against the purchase price of the ramp, at the following rates:
- Credit of 100% against total rental paid if purchased within 3 months.
- Credit of 75% against total rental paid if purchased within 3/6 months.
- Credit of 50% against total rental paid if purchased within 6/12 months.
- Credit of 25% against total rental paid if purchased over 12 months.
- Credit is limited to half of the original purchase price.
- For the above credits to be valid, we must receive payment before the end of the period of hire in question.
- If a ramp is replaced with a new ramp whilst on hire (on a 3 year minimum contract), the rental credit permissible for the subsequent purchase of the new ramp will be calculated only from the date of delivery of the new ramp (as if a new contract has been arranged from this date).
Delivery / Availability
- Check on a daily basis. We generally carry a variety of new ramps in stock to cater for your urgent requirements.
- Delivery costs are available on request - All ramps delivered by us use a special extended low-loader for easy and safe off-loading on site, eliminating the necessity for a tandem fork truck lift or a crane off lift.