- Dockplates provide an efficient and low cost way of loading and unloading vehicles from a loading dock, typically by means of pallet trucks, sack trucks, roll cages and pedestrian access.
- They require no installation, and therefore cause no disruption to the existing dock.
- For heavier duty applications please see our range of Dockboards.
- Standard features:
- built-in treadplate antislip finish
- manufactured from high tensile aluminium
- crowned and bevelled for smooth operation
- loop type handles for easy movement
- one pair of locking legs to locate between vehicle and loading dock, to prevent movement
- Bend point 230mm in from the end of the plate; for compliance with BS EN 1398:2009 which calls for a minimum of 100mm engagement onto the vehicle bed.
- When used to access vehicles below dock height, the majority of the plate must be positioned inside the vehicle.
- Thorworld recommend that plates under 40kg are handled by two people minimum, beyond this, lifting facilities (such as our optional FTH-1) should be used.
- Options (Contact us for information/assistance):
- fork truck lifting handles (FTH-1) - recommended for models marked * due to the plate weight.
- side curbs with castors (SCC-2) for easy movement - standard loop handles removed.
- additional set of fixed locking legs (FSL-1) for applications where an excessive
- Click here for help selecting the correct Dockplate for your application.
- Click here for more information on Dockplate optional extras.
Other Sizes & Capacities Available - Please Contact Us for Details